Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Springing Ahead: February Update

Greetings Support Team!

I hope you're enjoying the first few glimpses of spring! Thanks for reading my update and supporting me in this ministry!

To start, I’d love to update you on January’s prayer requests. TCX has continued to prove fruitful; a disciple who is studying in Spain this semester has connected with a gal from another campus because they both attended the conference. Lynsey in now discipling Sam half a world away.

Lynsey "Kiddo" Carlson is studying in Valladolid, Spain

The medical mission trip to Condevilla, Peru was successful! We saw over 1,200 patients, continued building relationships and shared Christ’s love with the Peruvians. I used the skills I’ve learned in this internship to share my faith in Spanish by using the EvangeCube- a faith stretching experience!

Eye Exam in Peru

Women’s Month ended with an overnight retreat that 70 women attended! Praise God for the ways He has used this series on Becoming a Distinguished Woman to impact women at UWSP!

Flannel Friday at Women's Retreat

Upcoming Events

As the semester continues on in full swing, I have many events filling my calendar. One exciting opportunity I’ll be providing leadership for is our Big Break conference in Panama City Beach, FL over spring break. I’ll spend the week equipping about 40 Central WI students in how to share their faith and join others from around the nation in sharing the Good News. A second piece of exciting news is that I was placed at North Myrtle Beach, SC as staff for summer project. For more info on summer projects, visit www.gosummerproject.com.

2009-2010 Staff Team

Next Year

Many of you have inquired about my decision for next year and I’m excited to announce I’ll be interning a second year in Central WI. I’m thrilled to continue discipling my girls, sharing Christ and developing myself in the coming year. I have so appreciated your support and prayers in the past 9 months and I pray you would consider staying on my team for another year. I’ll be contacting you this spring with more details but for now, you can celebrate this decision with me!

Doug Galuk, Me, & Terry Schott jumping in the Pacific Ocean outside of Lima, Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment